Young people are being encouraged to start volunteering and make real changes to their communities thanks to the Wake UP! Project.
Through training and workshops, young people are motivated and supported to develop their own ideas so they run and deliver volunteering projects.
Successful examples so far include climate change demonstrations, integration projects for refugees, human rights workshops and campaigns to encourage young people to vote.
Through Wake UP! young people learn how:
- to be a positive force for good in their communities
- to get reliable information and support to develop their ideas and own projects or start their own initiative
- to be heard so their ideas can be taken seriously
- to motivate others and work with people of all ages and backgrounds
- European society works and the importance of democracy and volunteering
Teachers, trainers and youth workers can also use Wake UP! Resources in their own work to encourage young people to become active citizens.
Who are we?
We are volunteer organisations from Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, North Macedonia, Romania and the UK. Under the Erasmus+ program Youth in February 2019 we started the joint project “WAKE UP – Young Europeans becoming change makers for a better Europe”, which will last till July 2021. Read more